As a recent candidate in the up coming municipal election I hope to let the residents of the Crowsnest Pass get to know me and what I stand for better through this blog.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Visit to York Creek Lodge

 I visited York Creek Lodge and Tecumseh Manor earlier this week and met a very pleasant group of residents.  During our chat some of the seniors brought up their displeasure with present Council. They have attempted to get a crosswalks plus lights for some time on 20 th ave by the York Creek turn off.  What is wrong with the present Council and Mayor?  This is not a major budget mater; it is a matter of safety. According to my in formation the light is in the municipal warehouse. The answer seems simple to me. Paint some lines, install the lights and have happy and safe seniors. Sometimes a little common sense goes a long ways.
Another concern that came up during our talk was the waking bridge over York Creek. According to the residents, in the winter snow from the street is piled up at the walking bridge so it is difficult to access it. Again it seems to me that if a little common sense is applied the problem could be solved.

Now these may not seem to many to be major issues but they are things that concern these nice folks and are easily fixed. A little listening and cooperation go along way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment